Wage and Hours Law
The California Employment Law Firm of Keller Grover has a deep understanding of today's California labor laws covering wage hour law landscape. Those in need of expert council from labor lawyers will find the following pages a rich resource in their quest for labor law answers to hard pressing questions such as:
- What are wage and hour laws? California has hundreds of labor laws that pertain to wage and hour rights. Learn what areas have specific protections for workers, why employers may violate CA's wage laws and what areas are the most commonly violated.
Are you the victim of wage theft? Wage theft occurs when an employer does not pay workers the full amount due. Learn the top instances in which wage theft occurs and how to protect yourself from becoming a victim.
- Has your job been misclassified? Job misclassification is a serious problem among California's employers. If an employee has been improperly classified it could result in the loss of owed overtime pay and other employment benefits. Learn what to do if you believe your job has been misclassified.
- Does your employer owe you for unreimbursed expenses? Your employer may owe you money you didn't know you had the right to claim. Keller Grover's employment attorneys explain California's laws on expense reimbursement and provide everyday examples of reimbursement violations from using a personal vehicle for work related activity to requiring employees to wear uniforms without compensating them for necessary purchases.
- Why an experienced employment lawyer can help you. If you've been affected by any of the above topics Keller Grover is here to help workers in Orange County, Oakland, San Jose, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Learn the steps to take in claiming unpaid wages and recover money with the help of an employment lawyer in your area.
Blog / Company News
- Labor Commissioner Investigation Uncovers $16M in CA Buffet Wage Violations
- Ashley Furniture Accused of Failing to Pay Overtime Wages, Job Misclassification
- Manhattan Strippers Win $10.9M in Employment Misclassification Judgment
- Did You Know Your Employer Should Reimburse You For Personal Cell Phone Use?
- The U.S. Supreme Court has Ruled in Favor of Companies Over Workers Pay, Again
- California Bill To Allow Liens Against Business for Unpaid Wages Passes Assembly
- CA Labor Commission: Maid Service To Pay $394K For Wage Theft, Retaliation
- MLB’s Oakland Athletics, Baltimore Orioles Under DOL Wage Theft Investigation
- 89 Workers Fight Back Against Wage Theft, Misclassification at Ohio Hotels
- San Antonio Franchise Owner Named in Wage Theft Class Action Seeking Lawsuit
- Buffalo Bills Sued by Five Former Cheerleaders For Multiple Labor Law Violations
- DOL Investigation Results in $14,000 in Back Pay for 30 Citywide Security Guards
- The 5 Illegal Interview Questions A Prospective Employer May Ask You
- Employee Misclassification Affects Everyone, Not Just Misclassified Workers
- Wage and Hour Violations Take Money Out of Workers’ Pockets
- Poway Janitorial Company Faces $336k in Fines for Wage Theft of 115 Workers
- Misclassifying a New York Trucker May Mean Jail Time, New Law Says
- Low-Wage Workers Are Constant Wage Theft Victims by Major Corporations
- New York Settles Wage Theft Lawsuit With McDonalds Franchise Owner for $500k
- La Habra Heights Contractors Indicted for Wage Theft by Labor Commissioner
- California Wage and Hour Laws: Is Your Paycheck Being Illegally Docked?
- Obama Expected To Expand Overtime Pay Laws For ‘Millions of Workers’
- CA Lawmakers To Hear Bill That Will Hold Employers Accountable for Wage Theft
- Low Wage Workers Can’t Afford Cost of Living: They Have To Work How Many Hours?
- Overtime Violations and Violators: What CA Wage and Hour Laws Mandate
- NFL Hall of Famer Cris Carter’s Company Facing Wage Theft Lawsuit
- Six Ways Your Employer Could Be Stealing From You
- Are You A Victim of Wage Theft Asks California wage and hour lawyer Eric Grover
- Wage Theft Yields $6.8M Award for Philly Sports Bar Workers
- America's waiters, barbers and bellhops haven't had a raise since 1991
- NY Resolves The Most Wage Theft Cases Ever in 2013
- NYC Dominos Settles Wage Theft Lawsuit for $1.3M
- Two-Thirds of Nations Port Truckers Misclassified violating CA wage and hour law
- Former Minor League Players Say They Were Victims of Wage and Hour Law Abuse
- Santa Clara County Considers New Wage & Hour Law Reports Lawyer Eric Grover
- All News